Monday, March 24, 2008

A Happening Place

We went to Rockafeller Plaza, you know, the place where people ice skate, and where the Today show is. We got there later in the day, so the Today show had packed up, but we saw something a bit more interesting . . . .
Check it out! Tina Fey!!! Click on the picture, it's her alright. While we were at Rockafeller Plaza, we saw them setting up for some kind of filming. Turns out, they were shooting a scene for the TV show 30 Rock. We watched them film, it was pretty cool. I actually asked the director (who had come up to tell us to back out of the shot) if they needed extras. Alas, he said no. I walked right past the offices for Simon and Schuster, my dream publishing company. I should have run in with a copy of my manuscript a demanded to speak to the editor. . . . I didn't. I just took a picture in fron of it.

Here we are in Central Park. It was here that we spotted yet another celebrity. We walked right past Detective Stabler from Law and Order SVU. He was just out, walking with his daughter. We passed him, almost not even recognizing him, but right as he walked by I slammed to a stop and said "that was Detective Stabler!!!!" We decided not to bug him, seeing as he was with his kid, so no picture. Still, we felt pretty cool.

No comments: